Easy and fun things to help the environment

Humorous Reflections on Fun Incremental Change.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Flip Side of The “Lap of Luxury”

Come on. Really?
I was at the King Soopers the other day and there wasn't one brand of recycled toilet paper. Not one. Most of the stores at least stock Seventh Generation, but on this day, at this time, nothing.
There is NO conceivable reason that toilet paper needs to be made from virgin pulp. Especially considering Americans use 7 Billion rolls per year!
Considering where we are going to use it and where it's going to go afterwards, Post-Consumer recycled paper should be more than adequate. I'm pretty sure my backside isn't impressed by a “scented” paper, but my nose may be farther from my target than some other people.
Tell the manager of your grocery that you not only want recycled paper, but that you want choices. Get your friends to do the same. Call it a “movement”.
Lets wipe this problem out and flush it away.

1 comment: