Easy and fun things to help the environment

Humorous Reflections on Fun Incremental Change.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It works if you work it.

Remember back in Kindergarten when they told you to share?  Seems in some cases, it works!
I think that in the cases where it doesn't work, it's because of our conditioning into the "Me, Me, ME!' attitude that seems to permeate a lot of society. (I know, it's a contradiction in terms: "Me, Me, ME!" and "Society". The two don't work together.)
I think one of our greatest strengths is our ability to create a community. I know, we've gotten away from that in the last couple of generations, but, I for one, am striving to regain this cornerstone of human existence.
I'll be exploring more collaborative consumption and capitalism down the road. Until then, get to know your neighbors, they may save your life someday.
BTW, the "Me, Me, ME!" people (read: Teabaggers) can kiss our COLLECTIVE *ss.


http://www.good.is/post/radical-sharing-works-this-guy-lets-the-world-use-his-starbucks-card-for-free/

No comments:

Post a Comment